Wednesday 18 February 2009

ssef results - luck or what?

When lutheng told me the news yesterday, I was in the bus on my way home. Just 3 stops away from my house. I was really hoping hard that we would be shortlisted, because we put in super alot of effort during November and December. Not to mention the first two weeks before school reopened... we were all chionging for our final research paper. But something in my logic bugged me. I kind of knew that we wouldn't be chosen, looking at all those pros, like the SRPians and 6K/7B people who were vying for the same spots as us.

Our chances were bleak. But my abrupt scream in the bus wasn't.

Yeah, we were shortlisted.

Disbelief. Shock. Amusement. Elation.
And disapproving glares from the bus driver and my fellow commuters. I was at a loss for words.

Then I bought chocs for my team! Haha... girls and impulse purchases...

For now, we will concentrate and work hard for ssef! =)


Well... This may seem weird to say, but I haven't been entirely happy. A part of my conscience chides me for celebrating, because I think there are groups who probably deserve our spot in the ssef 'finals'. (dunno what to call it) And ya lah, one of them is in my class. Which makes me feel damn guilty. I think his group worked A LOT harder than mine did, no offense to my group. The more I reflect, the more I feel that I don't deserve to be in the position I am in today. It doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong; I'm not mocking my classmate, I simply don't understand why things turned out this way.

Could it have been luck?
Or did my group really deserve to be in the finals?
What were the judges thinking?

Come to think of it, do they even have a list of criteria for shortlisting projects?

Haiya, I think too much.
I should just accept the reality and get on with life...
why do I bother to care so much?

No comments: