Tuesday 3 February 2009

我知道.

Mr How's words just can't be more true than they already are.



Focus on your studies; don't let irrelevant relationships affect your studies. Because the A levels are your ultimate priority.





That's how it's phrased in my mind. And I acquiesce to his advice.

I know what I want to score in the end. Straight As, no doubt about that.

After all, it's called the "A" levels... (which is likely deemed to be a misnomer by most long-suffering JC students)



But 老天爷 has a few tricks up his elusive sleeves that he seems to enjoy playing on me.



I didn't stay back to study in school yesterday while harbouring any... err... clandestine intentions. Just for the sake of understanding the r=a + lambda d equation better. Then, for some reason I can't think of, you had to finish your... 'tritium' lesson at the same time.



(what's tritium, I hear you ask? My reply is http://www.wikipedia.com/ hehehe love that euphemism. Anyway if you're good at chemistry trivia, you should be able to guess.)



"Thanks, fate!" exclaims the impulsive portion of my blood pumper, which contains 4 chambers and a dorsal aorta, among other biological contraptions.



"This is a spectacularly absurd situation. You dolt! What the heck are you doing???" assails my brain.

It's confusing. My blood pump and brain have different opinions. Wait a minute. What's happening?

When I do something, nothing much happens.
When I don't do anything, things happen.
But I pretend I don't care.

It's good that you don't do anything to demonstrate receptiveness. It's a reality check, a strong reminder of what my ultimate goal is.

I'm too immature for another commitment.

No comments: