Sunday 15 February 2009

nua...

very guilty...
my entire saturday was spent nua-ing at home. Reading up on DSLRs, taking a 2.5 hour nap, and then reading up on photography again. ohnooo I never study enough again. =P But all the sleep compensated for the weekdays. When I sleep at 1am and wake up at 6am. Damn terrible.

http://www.photoxels.com/digital-photography-tutorials.html

great website, great way to waste time... kind of productively.

the tutorials I've read so far seem kind of simple. But I guess I'll never really experience any joy/challenges in photography until I get a DSLR.
I find it a lot more fun to put effort into making sure that I take nice pics... Rather than just mindlessly snapping away at camwhores.
It's an expensive hobby, no doubt. Each of these cameras cost around 1k. Some 24megapixel DSLR from Nikon which was advertised in yesterday's newspaper costs 13k! OMG!!!
Shall buy a good one if I score at least all Cs for block test 1. Of course, that's very unlikely la, looking at how much effort I put into my studies.
=p


Anyway, I thought of something weird yesterday night.
You know that Jesse McCartney song, "Because You Live"?
There's a part which goes, "Because you live, girl. My world has twice as many stars in the sky".
It's paradoxical!

When people talk about their gf/bf, it's usually about them brightening up their lives.
But in astronomy, the reason why you don't see many stars in urban areas like Singapore at night is because of light pollution- the uber bright street lamps illuminate the sky, outshining the dimmer stars. That's why you only get to see brighter stars, eg. the orion constellation.

Then, it brings us to the conclusion that if Jesse's McCartney's world has "twice as many stars in the sky" because of the girl being alive, then this very girl is actually MAKING HIS WORLD A DARKER PLACE! (so he can see more stars at night!)

omg! whoever wrote the lyrics obviously knows nothing about astronomy! =O

or maybe the person who is writing this blog post should stop being overly critical of some mushy lyrics, and just enjoy valentine's day by mugging for econs instead.

No comments: