Tuesday 23 November 2010

Premonitions

17 November 2010, Evening
Feeling bored of studying, I decided to take my DSLR out to take photos of my turtles. I don't know why, I just felt like it.

21 November 2010, Sunday, 9pm
Sitting in front of my laptop, this song suddenly popped into my head.


优客李林 - 认错

“我又怎么告诉你我还爱你?”
“是我自己错误的决定。。。”

Yeah it's a really old song (1991) but it's kinda nice. :) (I've never seen the music video, but yes, it's a real cheesy video, so just listening to the song is a good idea.)
I didn't know why I thought of that song.

This morning, I knew why.

Photo taken on 17th November 2010

My favourite turtle, Shun Shun, left the earth this morning. I was about to feed them their breakfast when I realised that she was just laying there, motionless, with her eyes shut, and her hands neatly placed by her side.

She didn't eat much for the past few days, which was kind of odd. Two days ago, the water in their tank started to smell really bad very often.

The other turtle had been attacking her pretty often this week, and I was seriously considering separating them. But I remembered how sad my aunt's turtle was when my mum and I separated it from its violent friend, so I decided against it.

Photo also taken on 17 November 2010. As you can see, nearly half of her tail was bitten off by that crazy turtle.

I don't know whether she died because of her injuries, an illness, or my decision of not to separate them. Whatever it is, my heart still believes that I caused her death. And I feel extremely bad about it, so this post is dedicated to her. Sigh. So here's my message to my turtle.

++++++++++++
Wherever your soul resides now, I want you to know that everyone in my family loves you! I'm really, truly sorry if I did something wrong to cause your departure. We will always remember how adorable you were, how you blew little bubbles in the water for fun, and how you yawned or burped from time to time. You have been the best turtle, ever. We will miss you dearly.
++++++++++++

Not sure if you believe in reincarnation... In either case, just in case there is such a thing, I hope my turtle's soul will enjoy a good life in her next reincarnation.

Sniff. Love my turtle. >_<... May she rest in peace.

No comments: