Sunday 22 March 2009

HC's 90th Anniversary; this blog's 90th post

haha so zun right! :)

Nothing much to say about the anniversary dinner last night. But I didn't enjoy myself very much because...

The bleddy loudspeaker was wildly bombarding my left ear throughout the dinner. In fact, my left ear still feels a little deaf now. I'm SO going to sue whoever planned for the speaker to be placed there if I do go deaf in one ear. >:(

Hehe. Joking. But I was also very tired to begin with.

The song sessions were fun, though. (Thanks to Pea who pointed out to me that caveman was singing. Made my day, even if he was screeching badly... Well, at least he looked cute while he was at it. =P) It felt like orientation all over again, with a big discount on enthusiasm, regretfully. Maybe Cambridge examinations silently assasinate the children in us. Slowly.

Was having a talk with my dad late last night about my surprise of seeing so many girls dress up for the anniversary dinner. Call me a nerd, but I've got no clue why many girls can spend days worrying about what to wear to an event, when the total amount of time that people actually look at them is not commensurate with the amount of effort they put into making themselves pretty. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing those who dressed up, I just don't seem to see the importance/significance of doing so. Will someone enlighten me? =/

Thank you Chuan Khim and Shuhui for... (how should I phrase this??) helping out yesterday. Really appreciate what you all did, but YOU KNOW!!! He knows already. So it's time for retreat? I really cannot walk any faster. =P And my mind is bent on believing that caveman is avoiding his self-assumed-stalker right now.

As Liang Jing Ru sang in her song, 接受,
不能退后也无法向前走

Don't want to make his life difficult, either.
Looking back, I think my brain/common sense was on vacation all this while. Highest record of stupid things done in one year - for some guy I don't even know. What's wrong with me! Why am I losing 10 minutes of sleep some nights worrying about something which is not my ultimate goal for 2009? (ultimate goal=straight As for A levels... except for Chinese which is boh pian)

The Life section in the Straits Times today mentioned in its Horoscope section that Geminis should be prepared for a very great change to their lives today. Admittedly, I don't believe in their predictions. Nonetheless, I think it could be my resolution to abolish caveman from my list of worries. It's tough; I brought it all upon myself. Now it's time to take it away.

Yesterday night, I wanted to remove the italicised words from the end of my previous post. But oh well, what's done is done. Whatever has been read by caveman is now in his military-grade memory. Erasing a digital mistake won't help.


Funny, how a part of me still has an unrealistically optimistic belief that everything will work out right in the end, like how my O levels turned out eventually.
Hold on to that hope. =)

No comments: