Tuesday 24 August 2010

geek on the run!

A sudden attack of stubbornly persistent general saltiness (i.e. sian-ness) over the weekend prompted me to get some of my blood pumping today. So I decided to skip the last two questions of my physics tutorial do just that. (wheehee!)

Surprisingly, my usual (ok... not that usual, actually) routine of brisk walking at 6km/h on the 'foothills' mode for 30mins on the treadmill only drained me when I was on the first 'hill', which felt like a 45 degree incline. Oucchhhh.

That's why it's good to blast music through your earphones when you're exercising! (especially cascada's songs) It drowned out the incessant complaints of my whiny legs.

I'm so happy that I could for another round after some weight-pulling (so as to not hog the treadmill for too long)! A full hour!!! :D Plus I didn't feel exceptionally tired after that. It was surprisingly refreshing. Note to everyone: exercise more and you'll start to feel ENERGETIC IN SCHOOL! :D

(But of course, I don't know if my legs are going to hurt like crazy tomorrow. All I know is that my appetite has improved, and I feel unsalted. Like a healthy organic peanut. Mmmm. Crrrrunchy...)

I was wearing the athena faculty shirt while exercising, and while I was watching the TV, I noticed a guy staring at me. (???) This situation is obviously rarely encountered by people like me, so I looked down from the television.

Lo and behold.

It was Brad Pitt.

Ok, no it wasn't. Angelina Jolie would have whacked his brains out of him, yelling something along the lines of "SINCE WHEN WERE YOU INTO GEEKS!!??". (she's right, I don't think I've ever been anyone's romantic interest. hmm. maybe my new laptop?)

It was our dear faaamily member, Ang Wee Hiong. I am not joking here. He just came out of the pool in his swimming trunks. And if your imagination is running wild (I can't imagine why, though), I'm gonna take the chance to fuel it a little. Nope, he wasn't wearing a shirt. Just his very tight swimming trunks..... Which is a rather peculiar choice of swimwear for men of his age, in my opinion.

Since I was oblivious to his presence, (c'mon, I was on my 2nd round!) he walked away. His 90%-10% signature hair parting was in full view. Now, how could anyone forget that? (and now, we all know where he lives...)

By the way, Nina, thank you so much for the little spheres of pudding-flavoured happiness. :D I just took a picture of it, but the file size is kinda big, so I'm lazy to upload it now... hehe. But it really, really made my day. Thank you so much! :)

Because I thought that it was an interesting way to end my day, (i.e. seeing my ex-principal) I'm going to end this post with some interesting nerdy news from the one and only /.!!!

1) Bet you didn't know that there's a US National HELIUM Reserve?!
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/08/23/1419233/Why-the-World-Is-Running-Out-of-Helium

2) Bad news for terrorists: Bet you can't fake someone's BONES during identity checks!
http://www.physorg.com/news201454875.html

Have a nice school week ahead, everyone! :D

No comments: